Country Of Origin:
Mozambicans worldwide the bespoke Diaspora Funeral Cash Plan cover is for YOU!
We now live in an era of transnationalism wherein as transnational citizens we are essentially global villagers who belong to more than one society. When it comes to your global family protection needs you need flexible and versatile risk management solutions. Talk of worldwide protection without boards, we got you covered. At Diaspora Insurance we specialise in crafting bespoke risk solutions to make sure that you can cover not just yourself in the diaspora but also your loved ones in your native country if you wish.
Whether you are Ghanaians by descent, registry, birth, marriage you name it the Diaspora Insurance is for You even if you have naturalised by taking other citizenship.
Demographics / Population: A mid-sized country of just over 2.3 million people, it is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world. About 10 percent of the population lives in the capital and largest city, Gaborone. Botswana is an upper middle income country, with one of the world’s fastest-growing economies.
Economy: Botswana’s high gross national income, the fourth-largest in Africa. gives the country a relatively high standard of living and the highest Human Development Index of continental Sub-Saharan Africa.
Mozambicans in Diaspora
Why Mozambique Nationlas Relocate to the Diaspora
The decision to migrate in Mozambique has often been a response to a combination of several factors, including economic, social and political and environmental factors such as poverty, economic dislocations and political issues.
These factors are also often linked to factors such as trade, urbanisation and the growth of administrative sectors, agriculture, land degradation and rural poverty to induce migration, both internal and international.
Body Repatriation for Mozambique in the Diaspora
Most repatriated bodies are received at the Maputo International Airport in Mozambique.
Cost of repatriating a dead body to Mozambique
It is fairly expensive to repatriate a dead body from abroad to Mozambique. The reason why it’s more expensive than a normal flight fee is because there are special legal and health requirements that need to be satisfied in order to do so,
When repatriating from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe or any other far away places, the amount is even more as costs depend not only on weight, but also on distance among other factors such as funeral directors’ fees tariffs.
Requirements for repatriating a body to Mozambique
- A valid post mortem report
- A Death Certificate
- An Embalment and cremation certificate
- Export permit to repatriate the dead body to Mozambique
- Infectious / Non-infectious disease certificate. This has to be issued by healthy authorities in the repatriating country.
- Mozambique passport or Mozambique issued permanent residence document
- Certificate of contents declaring contents of coffin (issued by funeral director).
For Cremated remains:
- Certified copy of death certificate
- Cremation certificate
- Hermetically sealed container
Other Essentials for repatriating a body to Mozambique.
- All documents submitted must be in triplicate (Original and Two Photocopies)
- When in doubt, contact the Mozambique Embassy in the repatriating country.
How long does it take to repatriate a body into Mozambique?
- There is no definitive timeline for repatriation as repatriation can only take place after all documentation are in place. When the authorisation letter is issued, repatriation to Mozambique can take place anytime from 5 days to 20 days depending on the funeral directors’ logistics arrangements.
Mozambique Diaspora Population
According to a UNICEF report dating back to 2013, there are about +/-766,928 million Mozambican that are living in the diaspora. They are spread across the following countries:
- South Africa
The total population of Mozambique is estimated to be at 30 Million people according to Wikipedia.
Mozambique Diaspora Remittances
According to a report by www.countryeconomy.com, Mozambique receives 30.37 million in remittances from Portugal, Tanzania, Lesotho, India, South Africa and Lesotho.
How Funds Are Remitted to Mozambique
Channels used by most Mozambicans to send money back home to friends and relatives:
- World Remit
- Western Union
Reasons for sending remittances to Mozambique
Remittances have become an important source for socio-economic equalizing and leveraging for many households and nations of the developing country. Migrants are said to have become the lifelines of their families back home.
Majority of the remittances sent home are primarily for upkeep of family members remaining in Mozambique.
Most Mozambicans use internet applications such as WhatsApp, Facebook and E-mails to communicate with their family back home. In most African countries, using data to make a call is much cheaper than it is to use mobile airtime to phone overseas.
Below are the statistics on the internet users in Mozambique and how widely spread Mozambicans are over the internet and on Social Media.
Internet users in Mozambique
- There were 6.72 million internet users in Mozambique in January 2021.
- The number of internet users in Mozambique increased by 1.4 million (+25%) between 2020 and 2021.
- Internet penetration in Mozambique stood at 21.2% in January 2021.
Social Media Statistics for Mozambique
- There were 3.00 million social media users in Mozambique in January 2021.
- The number of social media users in Mozambique increased by 500 thousand (+20%) between 2020 and 2021.
- The number of social media users in Mozambique was equivalent to 9.5% of the total population in January 2021.
Mobile Connections in Mozambique
- There were 15.97 million mobile connections in Mozambique in January 2021.
- The number of mobile connections in Mozambique increased by 411 thousand (+2.6%) between January 2020 and January 2021.
- The number of mobile connections in Mozambique in January 2021 was equivalent to 50.4% of the total population.
Note: many people have more than one mobile connection, so figures for mobile connections may exceed 100% of the total population.
MOZAMBIQUE KEY EMBASSY/ CONSULATE DETAILS
Mozambique Embassy in South Africa
529 Edmond St, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0002, South Africa
Tel: +27 12 401 0300
Mozambique Embassy in UK
High Commission for the Republic of Mozambique
21, Fitzroy Square,
London, W1T 6EL
Tel: +44 (0) 7511371948
Mozambique Embassy in USA
in Washington, DC
1525 New Hampshire Avenue
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy of Mozambique in Australia
in Vic 3000
c/- ResourcesLaw International Level 10, 30 Collins Street