Country Of Origin:
eSwatinians worldwide the bespoke Diaspora Funeral Cash Plan cover is for YOU!
We now live in an era of transnationalism wherein as transnational citizens we are essentially global villagers who belong to more than one society. When it comes to your global family protection needs you need flexible and versatile risk management solutions. Talk of worldwide protection without boards, we got you covered. At Diaspora Insurance we specialise in crafting bespoke risk solutions to make sure that you can cover not just yourself in the diaspora but also your loved ones in your native country if you wish. Whether you are Zambians by descent, registry, birth, marriage you name it the Diaspora Insurance is for You even if you have naturalised by taking other citizenship.
Eswatini is classified as a lower-middle income economy. The majority of Eswatini’s population is ethnically Swazi, mixed with a small number of Zulu and White Africans, mostly people of British and Afrikaner descent. The prevalent language is Swazi. Traditionally Swazi have been subsistence farmers and herders, but most now mix such activities with work in the growing urban formal economy and in government. Some Swazi work in the mines in South Africa.
Eswatini in Diaspora
Why ESwatini Relocate to the Diaspora
The decision to migrate in ESwatini has often been a response to a combination of several factors, including economic, social and political and environmental factors such as poverty, landlessness and economic dislocations.
These factors are also often linked to factors such as trade, urbanisation and the growth of administrative sectors, agriculture, land degradation and rural poverty to induce migration, both internal and international.
Body Repatriation to ESwatini for ESwatini nationals in Diaspora
- Original copies of the death certificates realized by the local authority.
- All the deceased belongings including passport.
- Realising of burial and travelling permissions.
- Providing you with the embalming report.
- A sealed letter from the health department of non-contagious disease certificate
- Casket – no restriction.
- Embassies inspection not required.
In generally, repatriation to ESwatini previously known as Swaziland takes approximately 5-10 working days, from the date the deceased is released by the local authorities after releasing the authorization letter your funeral home will begin releasing the required documents after then we book a flight and make the shipping process then send the flight details to the deceased relatives.
Body Repatriation to ESwatini
Repatriated bodies are received at King Mswati 111 International Airport.
Cost of repatriating a dead body to ESwatini
It is fairly expensive to repatriate a dead body from overseas to ESwatini. However costs are fairly manageable for most repatriations from neighbouring South Africa to Eswatini where most of the Eswatini diaspora population resides.
Requirements for repatriating a body to ESwatini
- A valid post mortem report
- A Death Certificate
- An Embalment and cremation certificate
- Export permit to repatriate the dead body to Eswatini.
- Infectious / Non-infectious disease certificate. This has to be issued by healthy authorities in the repatriating country.
- ESwatini passport or ESwatini issued permanent residence document
- Certificate of contents declaring contents of coffin (issued by funeral director).
Other Essentials for repatriating a body to ESwatini
When in doubt, contact the ESwatini Embassy in the repatriating country.
How long does it take to repatriate a body into ESwatini?
- There is no definitive timeline for repatriation as repatriation can only take place after all documentation are in place. When the authorisation letter is issued, repatriation to ESwatini can take place anytime from 1 day to 20 days depending on the funeral directors’ logistics arrangements.
ESwatini Diaspora Population
According to Wikipedia, there are about +/-92,854 Swazi that are living in the diaspora. They are spread across the following countries:
- South Africa- 92,854
- Greece- 1513
- Botswana- 635
- Portugal- 599
- Australia- 353
The total population of Eswathini is estimated to be at 1.148 Million people according to Wikipedia.
As stated above, the 92,854 diaspora citizens make up 8% of the documented population. Statistics show that the majority of Swazi nationals emigrate South Africa for wider job opportunities.
ESwatini Diaspora Remittances
According to a report by UNICEF on remittances, Eswatini receives an inflow of remittances worth 47 million from its citizens primarily from the USA.
How Funds Are Remitted to Eswatini
Channels used by most Eswatini to send money back home to friends and relatives:
- Western Union
Reasons for sending remittances to Eswatini
Remittances have become an important source for socio-economic equalizing and leveraging for many households and nations of the developing country. Migrants are said to have become the lifelines of their families back home.
Majority of the remittances sent home are primarily for upkeep of family members remaining in Eswathini.
Most Swazi use internet applications such as WhatsApp, Facebook and E-mails to communicate with their family back home. In most African countries, using data to make a call is much cheaper than it is to use mobile airtime to phone overseas.
Below are the statistics on the internet users in Eswathini and how widely spread Ghanaians are over the internet and on Social Media.
Internet users in Eswathini
- There were 548.1 thousand internet users in Eswatini in January 2021.
- The number of internet users in Eswatini increased by 5,688 (+1.0%) between 2020 and 2021.
- Internet penetration in Eswatini stood at 47.0% in January 2021.
Social Media Statistics for Eswathini
- There were 350.0 thousand social media users in Eswatini in January 2021.
- The number of social media users in Eswatini increased by 90 thousand (+35%) between 2020 and 2021.
- The number of social media users in Eswatini was equivalent to 30.0% of the total population in January 2021.
Mobile Connections in Eswathini
- There were 1.13 million mobile connections in Eswatini in January 2021.
- The number of mobile connections in Eswatini increased by 23 thousand (+2.1%) between January 2020 and January 2021.
- The number of mobile connections in Eswatini in January 2021 was equivalent to 97.3% of the total population.
Note: many people have more than one mobile connection, so figures for mobile connections may exceed 100% of the total population.
ESWATINI KEY EMBASSY/ CONSULATE DETAILS
The High Commission of the Kingdom of ESwatini in South Africa
715 Government Avenue
Tel: +27 012 344 1910
Swazi Embassy in Washington, D.C., United States
1712 New Hampshire Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20009
Tel: (+1) 202 234 5002
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
High Commission of Eswathini London
20 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6LB
+44 2076306611 (Tel)
+44 2076306564 (Fax)
Latest information on the status of Eswathini living in the diaspora
For consulate and embassy information on Eswathini, please contact Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration
Block 8 Level -3
Telephone: +268 24042661/3
Facsimile: +268 2404 2669
e-Mail : email@example.com
Website : www.gov.sz