Body Repatriation From Australia
One of the most difficult things a family can face is the death of a loved one. However, what makes it even more difficult and tough is the death of a loved one in a foreign country. Now, it can be a wish of the family, or even the deceased may have wished for getting buried in their homeland rather than in a foreign country. It is possible and can be done by means of a proper process called the repatriation process. If your loved one or someone who is close to you dies in Australia, you can bring them back to your homeland by simply following a proper process of body repatriation.
What is the cost of body repatriation from Australia?
The costs vary depending on weight, distance and repatriation related expenses to authorities and service providers.
What do i do to get started?
1) Get a funeral director in Australia to help process the paperwork and processes for repatriation whilst body is in Australia.
2) Get a funeral director in the receiving country to take over repatriation process and possibly burial in receiving country.
3. Contact receiving country consular / embassy for clearance (if this is a requirement in the receiving country)
4. If the deceased had insurance ( a funeral cash plan or travel insurance), contact the company to see eligibility to claim repatriation expenses.
Requirements for repatriating a body from Australia
1. In Australia, body embalmment is a legal requirements and therefore you have to get an embalmment certificate, to be provided for by the funeral director.
2. Death certificate (certified copies)
3. An airline confirmation to repatriate the body is needed
4. DEFAT clearance is a requirement
5. Medical and Coroner documentation
6. Document translation may be required in some cases
7. An appointed Consignee responsible for the body once it arrives in receiving country.
8. Your chosen funeral director will accordingly advise of any further documents on a case by case basis,
Repatriation from Australia to Africa
There are a lot of Africans living in Australia. There are slight variations in repatriation requirements in the receiving countries.
- Repatriation from Australia to Botswana
- Repatriation from Australia to ESwatini
- Repatriation from Australia to Ethiopia
- Repatriation from Australia to Ghana
- Repatriation from Australia to Kenya
- Repatriation from Australia to Malawi
- Repatriation from Australia to Mozambique
- Repatriation from Australia to Namibia
- Repatriation from Australia to South Africa
- Repatriation from Australia to Tanzania
- Repatriation from Australia to Uganda
- Repatriation from Australia to Zambia
- Repatriation from Australia to Zimbabwe