1. In New Zealand, body embalmment is a legal requirements and therefore you have to get an embalmment certificate, to be provided for by the funeral director.
2. Death certificate (certified copies)
3. An airline confirmation to repatriate the body is needed
4. DEFAT clearance is a requirement
5. Medical and Coroner documentation
6. Document translation may be required in some cases
7. An appointed Consignee responsible for the body once it arrives in receiving country.
8. Your chosen funeral director will accordingly advise of any further documents on a case by case basis,